Tips when starting a New Job
- See everything that you do as part of a bigger career strategy. Build a solid network within your company and maintain good relations with everyone.
- Always seek a solution to problems in the company.
- Study the company's competition and keep your boss up to date with industry trends.
- Know who your competitors are in the company and work towards being better than they are, but never backstab anyone since it will come back to haunt you.
- Ask your manager to identify areas where you can still improve and work on each mentioned area.
- Give an extra mile for the company, and you will be rewarded in the long run. Don't work with an attitude of: 'What's in it for me?' rather think of ways that you can contribute to team.
Social life at the new job
- Don't be the party drunk, be the one person that stays sober.
- Never drink more than one drink at lunch.
- Always remember that your behavior outside the office can cost you a promotion or even your job, so stay within the borders of acceptable behavior.