PDA

View Full Version : Why you left the last company?

bigeyes
12th June 2016, 11:40 PM
Hi I was just fired last week(at will). The HR told me if somebody contacts them, they will only provide my start day and end day.

Pretty frustrated, I am going to seek a new job. So my question is if the prospect employer asks me "Why you left the last company?", how can I answer it?

toddhicks209
13th June 2016, 09:03 AM
You can either be totally truthful about it and admit you were fired but have learned your lesson or you can say it was time to move on.

Tressie William
14th June 2016, 07:09 AM
Yes.. you must be loyal and it’s best to talk about that situation positively as a learning experience.

bigeyes
15th June 2016, 09:46 PM
My situation is that the previous employer was unfair to me. I was bully.

In the performance review, the new manager gave me a very poor score comparing to the one two years ago. I was working in an IT company and two years my skills was closing to 3, now I only got 1.

One of my coworker spoke to me privately that I wan mistreated. I don't want to ask an attorney for fighting. So please tell me how to respond recruiter first. When recruiter hear me that I was terminated, the they don't want to talk with me anymore.

I heard that never speaking bad things to the previous employer, so how to say that in the phone screen or interview? Please give me some paragraphs so I can practice them.

toddhicks209
19th June 2016, 10:33 AM
My situation is that the previous employer was unfair to me. I was bully.

In the performance review, the new manager gave me a very poor score comparing to the one two years ago. I was working in an IT company and two years my skills was closing to 3, now I only got 1.

One of my coworker spoke to me privately that I wan mistreated. I don't want to ask an attorney for fighting. So please tell me how to respond recruiter first. When recruiter hear me that I was terminated, the they don't want to talk with me anymore.

I heard that never speaking bad things to the previous employer, so how to say that in the phone screen or interview? Please give me some paragraphs so I can practice them. Just be truthful about being fired or say that it was time to move on without blasting your former employer.

nishagg89333
26th July 2017, 09:16 AM
Your interviewer wants to feel like her company is wooing you away from your current employer. The ideal answer from their perspective: You are only thinking about leaving because this new opportunity (and the company offering it) is just SO awesome. ... You should never lie in a job interview.