+ Reply to Thread

8 tips to deal with interview nerves

1) Being prepared is the best way to feel confident. Know your CV inside out and be able to discuss relevant experience to the role you are applying to.
    2) Get a good night sleep. Wind down and have at least one hour of doing something relaxing before you get to bed. This prevents your mind from over-working and causing you to stay awake.
    3) It’s not just what you say but how you say it. Some simple voice exercises before you head out will ensure your vocal chords are relaxed and your voice projects confidence. In the interview, don’t speak too fast or ‘put on’ a voice that isn’t your own.
    4) First impressions really do count. Stand and smile when you greet the interviewer, look into their eyes and give a firm handshake. Be prepared for some small talk in the lift.
    5) Breathing exercises always help – in with your nose for a few seconds, hold and out with your mouth. Repeat.
    6) Eat well on the day of the interview – have a good breakfast. Lean proteins such as fish, chicken and slow releasing energy foods such as bananas are also good during the day. Nothing too sugary that will cause a glucose crash or heavy foods that sit uncomfortably. Stay hydrated.
    7) The employer already has your CV and likes what they see otherwise they wouldn’t be meeting you! don’t forget this.
    The interviewer (s) are human too. Be respectful and professional but don’t be ‘in awe’ of them or think they are in some way better. Have plenty of questions for them too that are well thought through.

for further tips, check out: http://boomcroydon.co.uk/jobseeker-tips/

Senior Member Expert
    Relax, be yourself and think of the recruiter as your friend, not someone to be nervous talking to.

Junior Member Junior Member
    Great tips. Will be of great help to all those who are about to attend interviews.

By the way I actually wanted to mention that If you are in need of any professional help with building your resume. There is a site called Arbunize that can help you build a professional resume.

Good tips here. Continuous practice or consulting a professional job interview coach are the best things to do to lower your nerves at the time of a job interview. First things first, a few nerves can be good by putting you in an alert frame of mind ready to face what’s presented to you. Too much confidence and you can come across arrogant. Too many nerves and it can cloud your judgement and put you into fight or flight mode, leaving you all flustered and unable to think under pressure.

Junior Member Newbie
    I don't want to ask an attorney for fighting. So please tell me how to respond recruiter first. When recruiter hear me that I was terminated, the they don't want to talk with me anymore.

__________________________________________________ ____
    High PR Backlink

Senior Member Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by robert911 View Post
    I don't want to ask an attorney for fighting. So please tell me how to respond recruiter first. When recruiter hear me that I was terminated, the they don't want to talk with me anymore.

__________________________________________________ ____
    High PR Backlink
    Instead of flat out saying you were fired, state that it was time to move on. Chances are good that if your former employers are called for verification, they will just verify the dates you worked there and not discuss your performance.
    Todd can teach you a lot about how to get a job and get more out of your career.

No matter who you are, interviews can be nerve wracking. The best way to combat your nerves is by being prepared to the best of your ablities. DO YOUR RESEARCH on every from the company's overview, leadership, business objective, past and future business deals and maybe even advice for where you see the business heading. While interviewers are looking for someone with experience and expertise, they are also looking for someone who is eager, confident and put in the work prior to the interview. Check out these tips to help prepare yourself for your interview

Hi, if you're interested in some free expert interview advice, join us tomorrow (Thursday 19th January), 17:30 for our live stream where recruitment expert Bernie Clarke shares insight on how to prepare for a successful interview.

Register herhttps://goo.gl/dZ9R2N to secure your place!

Good tips Jamie. The 2 things you should look at while preparing for an interview is : 1. Your body language and 2. Your speech patterns. Try recording yourself, both audio and video and identify what and how to improve. Identifying where and what to improve can be difficult sometimes, but once the problems are solved, you could perform much better than you imagine. Here is a little more details about it: http://www.theexecutivewing.com/blog...ext-interview/ . Hope it will help everyone reading this will benefit from this. Good luck!

Preparing for an Interview is Key

I agree, the best way to settle your nerves for an interview is preparation. Preparing ahead of time will not only calm your nerves, but it also makes you more confident and help portray you as the best possible candidate. One of the easiest ways to prepare for an interview is rehearsing answers to interview questions. Check out these common interview questions. The trick, however, is to have in-depth, accurate answers without coming off as rehearsed.

Informative... Good post

I have been on both ends of the interview process and know it can be very intimidating. Confidence is key. If you were able to land an interview, then there was something about you that stood out and it's important to remind yourself of this.

I agree with all of the tips mentioned. Here are some of my own:

1- Do your homework!!! The worst thing you can possibly do is enter an interview unprepared. This will not only give a negative impression to the hiring manager(s), but will also make you incredibly nervous if you can't answer a simple question such as: "What made you want to work for our company?"

2- Dress to impress but also be comfortable with what you are wearing. Plan your interview outfit ahead of time. This is an easy way to walk into an interview feeling comfortable and confident.

3- Always ask questions at the end of the interview. It shows that you have a genuine interest in learning more about the opportunity and moving forward. Have a list of questions prepared prior to the interview. Asking questions about team building activities, learning opportunities within the company, career advancement, company growth, are all good topics to consider.

4- Avoid salary talk in the first face-to-face interview unless it is brought up to you first. Allow the recruiter and hiring manager to follow their process. if they want to extend an offer, have patience and these details will come.

5- Don't be afraid to admit if a specific skill set is not a strength. Believe it or not, many employers are okay with the fact that you might have a learning curve in some areas. It is worse to pretend you are advanced in a skill set only to incorrectly answer a question, then to simply let the hiring manager know that you have some learning to do in that area but you are very self-driven and motivated to adapt and learn quickly.

14. This ad will disappear if you login