+ Reply to Thread

Post Response to question on Application

I am applying for an internship and they would like a personal statement (not like the one on a CV) to write in 500 words or less why I am interested in working there, what I hope to gain and what I can contribute. Any advice on how to structure it? How long should it be?

Senior Member Expert
    I can't specifically advise you on how to structure the personal statement but I suggest you discuss your skills and qualifications in addition to saying you want the internship to grow and become more ready to work in your industry.

Member Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurquijo View Post
    I am applying for an internship and they would like a personal statement (not like the one on a CV) to write in 500 words or less why I am interested in working there, what I hope to gain and what I can contribute. Any advice on how to structure it? How long should it be?
    Generally you want to let them know that you will work for long term because many companies want people that will work for many years into the company because they want to train people for their company. Also talk how the work personally benefit because this will make the company believe that you are personally interested in working for them and you are genuinely devoted working for them. The rest should come through you on your personal statement. Good Luck!

Long Term? It's an internship - it is inherently short term....
    just come up with something compelling... doesn't have to be a "my grandmother died of cancer so working on a cure is my lifelong dream" --- this is just garbage....
    Give something real. Be sincere, and appreciative of the opportunity.

5. This ad will disappear if you login