+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member Newbie

How to Answer "What are your Weaknesses?"

Hi Everyone,

Here is a video tutorial on how to answer "What are your weaknesses?" It's only 3 minutes long and will provide you with right strategy to answer the question with greater ease and confidence!

https://youtu.be/clJkwvW1_1E

Let us know your thoughts if you find it useful please share on your social media

Senior Member Expert
    If you are asked your weaknesses, you can reply that you're a perfectionist.
    Todd can teach you a lot about how to get a job and get more out of your career.

Junior Member Junior Member
    You’ll find many articles that will advise you to turn a negative into positive by sharing a supposed weakness that is actually a desirable quality in an employee. Few examples are:
    • I am too much of a perfectionist.
    • I care too much about my work.
    • I work too hard sometimes.

Senior Member Expert
    Solid examples!
    Todd can teach you a lot about how to get a job and get more out of your career.

Quote Originally Posted by Tressie William View Post
    You’ll find many articles that will advise you to turn a negative into positive by sharing a supposed weakness that is actually a desirable quality in an employee. Few examples are:
    • I am too much of a perfectionist.
    • I care too much about my work.
    • I work too hard sometimes.
    Good examples
    https://kmd-solutions.com Job Search, Career, Salary, Pay Rise Info, Resume Samples & Tips

Senior Member Expert

How to Answer "What are your Weaknesses?"

Remain Positive
    It might seem hard to remain positive when answering a question about weaknesses. However, you want to prove that whatever weaknesses you have or challenges you face, they will not hinder (and may even help) your ability to do your job.

One way to remain positive is to simply avoid negative words like “weak,” “weakness,” and “failure” in your answers.

You might also emphasize how the skill or quality you struggle with is either unimportant to the job, or even a positive. For example, you might mention how your extreme desire for perfection and organization will actually make you a very strong administrative assistant.

Focus on Solutions
    For questions about how you plan to overcome weaknesses, or about what you’ve learned from your mistakes, be sure to focus less on your weakness itself, and more on the lesson you learned or the improvement you made. For example, if you had previously struggled with technological skills, mention how you are currently taking a computer course.

7. This ad will disappear if you login