+ Reply to Thread

Question Job Price Match?

Hello,

I have been working at my current job full time for three years in customer service. I was promoted up a level too awhile back. Recently I was told about a similar full time position elsewhere, a smaller practice, where the pay was better. I ended up getting the job on the spot at the interview. I told my current boss I wanted to cut back my hours and gave her as much notice as I could. There are a few others also leaving my current job's department. My current boss decided to set up a meeting with me and price match the pay I would be getting at the new job out of desperation. Now I don't know what to do. Part of me is kind of upset because ppl in our department are not getting paid what they deserve and part of me is flattered. New job doesn't start for two weeks and I told her I need to think about it and she gave me a week to think about it. So, I would have to make a decision before starting the new job...

The new job would give me skills I might not learn at my current job but maybe they would be able to teach me in the future. But, I don't know if I will like it at the new job or not. I am used to my current job and pay was one of the issues but also ppl are leaving because they burn out easily, short staff issues, favoritism, gossip etc...but see that is something that could get fixed if I stayed. I know everyone there very well and I am not sure I will like everyone at the new job, but at least it might further my growth. I have one co-worker who also got accepted to the new job and is leaving for it. She will be starting around the same time as me and we get along great.

What would you do if you were in my situation? I plan on keeping my current job just as parttime until I pass the probation period of the new job...and then I guess I will see what to do after that. But would you stay with the current job with the pay matched because it is safe or decline? If I decline and the new job ends up not being that great and I want to return to my current job full-time I risk losing the pay match.

Senior Member Expert
    You ultimately have to do what you think is best but if I was in your shoes, I would stay where I already was if I could get the salary match, I liked it there and the firm's future was promising.
    Todd can teach you a lot about how to get a job and get more out of your career.

Member Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jobbygirl View Post
    Hello,

I have been working at my current job full time for three years in customer service. I was promoted up a level too awhile back. Recently I was told about a similar full time position elsewhere, a smaller practice, where the pay was better. I ended up getting the job on the spot at the interview. I told my current boss I wanted to cut back my hours and gave her as much notice as I could. There are a few others also leaving my current job's department. My current boss decided to set up a meeting with me and price match the pay I would be getting at the new job out of desperation. Now I don't know what to do. Part of me is kind of upset because ppl in our department are not getting paid what they deserve and part of me is flattered. New job doesn't start for two weeks and I told her I need to think about it and she gave me a week to think about it. So, I would have to make a decision before starting the new job...

The new job would give me skills I might not learn at my current job but maybe they would be able to teach me in the future. But, I don't know if I will like it at the new job or not. I am used to my current job and pay was one of the issues but also ppl are leaving because they burn out easily, short staff issues, favoritism, gossip etc...but see that is something that could get fixed if I stayed. I know everyone there very well and I am not sure I will like everyone at the new job, but at least it might further my growth. I have one co-worker who also got accepted to the new job and is leaving for it. She will be starting around the same time as me and we get along great.

What would you do if you were in my situation? I plan on keeping my current job just as parttime until I pass the probation period of the new job...and then I guess I will see what to do after that. But would you stay with the current job with the pay matched because it is safe or decline? If I decline and the new job ends up not being that great and I want to return to my current job full-time I risk losing the pay match.
    If a new job teaches you new skills and pays you more then there is no point in staying in the old job. It's not even about the money, you will be able to learn new skills and improve your resume. So think about the advantages academically and financially. Good Luck!

I really depends on you personal circumstances, as everyone is different. Have a look at this frequently asked question & answer http://www.kmd-solutions.com/FAQ-off...er-company.htm
    https://kmd-solutions.com Job Search, Career, Salary, Pay Rise Info, Resume Samples & Tips

Increase your online presence and sales by using our social bookmark submission service.

Social bookmark submission .:. Social bookmark submission service

6. This ad will disappear if you login