+ Reply to Thread

I am being accused of mistreating my employees...what should I do?

I am being accused of mistreating my employees...what should I do?

I had an argument with a direct report, a front line supv. He defiantly refused orders, raised my voice so he raised his etc. People were present and hear they felt embarrassed, and think both acted very unprofessional.

I asked HR and my boss to help me on a consult yet my boss decided it be best to relocate supv without formal disciplinary consultation. I was told it was better to talk about the change so I agreed. Yet, when we had the talk, the employee at the end said he wanted to make them aware that not only have I mistreated him but also our employees! I said nothing during the meeting but shortly after I emailed my boss and HR and said I'd like such serious claims be clarified/substantiated. My boss then responds that the only thing he would do is sit down with me and ask what I think is my employees' perception of me. So I replied and said what I heard so far, meaning I had approached employees to find out not who had been right or wrong but to find out how my actions had affected them.

The problem now is that I found out through one of my most trusted employees that my boss has a meeting scheduled with all my reports behind my back. I know not to be concerned because I have turned in to HR. a very detailed report of everything that happened, yet known nd of upset that they are following through on those claims and yet ignore the insubordination concerns. Thoughts?

Senior Member Expert
    Ask your boss whether your status with the company is in jeopardy. If it is and you can't turn things around, begin looking for another job.
    Todd can teach you a lot about how to get a job and get more out of your career.

3. This ad will disappear if you login