+ Reply to Thread

second career for women

I want to know about the various second career options for women. esp. women with career breaks. How good are work from home options? any idea?

Senior Member Expert
    There are any number of possibilities based on your skill set, education, job experience and region. Pursue jobs you are passionate about and qualified for. As for work-from-home options, you'd probably be better off getting a job that lets you telecommute rather than solely trying to make a living online.
    Todd can teach you a lot about how to get a job and get more out of your career.

I guess working from home is the best. You get the chance to look after you family.

Quote Originally Posted by Shezam View Post
    I want to know about the various second career options for women. esp. women with career breaks. How good are work from home options? any idea?
    There are genuine working from home opportunities, but some of them are not genuine.

Working from home has certain pluses & certain negatives. You may find this helpful http://kmd-solutions.com/work-from-home-online-jobs/

In general, be aware of working from home employers who ask for an advance payment from you or ask for your money in advance. Legitimate work from home companies don't ask you for money and they pay you a salary.
    https://kmd-solutions.com Job Search, Career, Salary, Pay Rise Info, Resume Samples & Tips

Junior Member New User
    Hi Shezam. The best career option for women to work from the home itself is Trading. It not only apt option for women it also for men.

With women and men both, working from home is how lots of entrepreneurs get their job done! Check out this podcast from Career Relaunch, it discusses the merits of giving yourself time and space to explore new career paths before you find the right fit, whether that's a home business or something different!

https://josephpliu.com/podcast/yourself-room-explore/

Work from home jobs are great for moms who wants a job while taking care of the family. You can find part time or full time jobs that would really depend on your skill sets.

If you are the crafty type, you can open up a shop at Etsy which is an online shop and sell your stuff there.

Junior Member Junior Member
    Are there any different possibilities for jobs, not crafty ones?

Senior Member Expert
    Try taking surveys, doing affiliate marketing and doing online tasks. Before signing up with new sites that pay, look for reviews on them.
    Todd can teach you a lot about how to get a job and get more out of your career.

Online jobs are the best.

Junior Member Junior Member
    A really interesting topic! I am not a mom yet, however, I still explore my options and get informed as much as I can about the different possibilities out there. I would definitely be more self-fulfilled if I get the opportunity to work from home during my motherhood! Who wouldn't, right?
    Recently, I came across an article, which was eye-opening! https://www.1and1.com/digitalguide/o...-what-and-why/
    It basically, sums up all of the important things you have to know about being a brand ambassador on social media. I see a lot of women doing it and they generate some serious income. I might give it a try, it is a definite an option for me!
    "Be willing to step outside your comfort zone once in a while; take the risks in life that seem worth taking. The ride might not be as predictable if you'd just planted your feet and stayed put, but it will be a heck of a lot more interesting."
    ~ Edward Whitacre, Jr.

be a freelancer

14. This ad will disappear if you login