+ Reply to Thread

Multiple Internal Promotions

I have got into a bit of a mess and could use some advice.

I work for a company that likes to hire a lot internally. I currently hate my job and need a promotion badly. I've worked for the company for a while and two jobs came up within the same week that were areas I would be very interested in.

The first was posted a week before the second one and I applied. It is about 12 hours from my home but of interest to me. I was willing to leave the awful job I was into take it.

Then, two days after applying, I was surprised to see another job in the same job interest and more directly related to my experience listed in my city a week after. I was contacted by the current person in the role and told me that I should apply for it. Not expecting to hear anything about the first one since it was a long shot, I said I was interested and to wait for my application.

I was just contacted for an interview for the first job. I would much rather take the second job but there is no guarantee that I will get either and I desperately need out of the job I am in now. I am close to leaving the company because jobs are so hard to come by in it lately. These two just happened to be listed within a week of each other.

Any advice?

Senior Member Expert
    Actively pursue both opportunities. If one of them turns into an offer and you think it's right, accept it without a second thought.
    Todd can teach you a lot about how to get a job and get more out of your career.

3. This ad will disappear if you login