+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Graduating senior who will have a degree in IT......fee like giving up

I will be graduating in May 2019 with a degree from LSU in Information Technology. I've been trying to apply to jobs to get some real technical experience but I have had no luck.

I've gotten interviews for IT help desk type jobs but no callbacks. I don't understand how someone GAINS technical experience when it seems like no company wants to hire you because you have none.

I am currently studying for the A+ certification and should take the exam by December/January, which I mention in all the interviews I've been too, but I guess it doesn't make a difference.

Most of the jobs I've applied to in Baton Rouge that are "entry level" all had the requirements of 2-5 years of experience, which I knew I didn't have but I still applied anyway. I guess I can't be too surprised that I wasn't picked for a job or even called back for an interview. I just really feel like I majored in the wrong thing and I'm very discouraged at the moment.

Any advice it would be appreciated

Senior Member Expert
    Try to get a good internship in the field now. You may also want to consider fallback options.
    Todd can teach you a lot about how to get a job and get more out of your career.

3. This ad will disappear if you login