Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    steff

saturday jobs!!!

hi my names steff im 15 n im really stuk, im looking for jobs who employ 15 yr olds to help out wiv saturday work, howveer no where seem to employ 15's plzz help meeee
    xxxsteffxxxx

Where are you Steff? I know several supermarkets in the UK who take on 15 year-olds in the UK. There's lots of competition, especially now in the school holidays. Just keep trying all those shops locally, persistance often pays off.

Senior Member Expert
    This log-in problem needs to be sorted - that was me above. Good luck Steff.

[html:3e8b8b5c19]
    Saturday Job Ideas for teens
    [/html:3e8b8b5c19]

xxEmmaxx

I need a saturday job!!!

hi i am a trustworthy hardworking 14 yr old looking for a sat job to help pay for my horse!!! and i am really desperate!! if got naything to help or have heard of a jobe that would be great an also i am in northampton!! many thanks Emma x

Junior Member Newbie
    hi im 13 and would like a job.i've got a work permit but cant find any places that
    will 13 year olds. any suggestions at all

Senior Member Expert
    Hello 12lonsdale. This link will explain why you may not be able to find anyone to employ you at 13. Basically the range of work available is very small and the penalties high for transgressors.

http://www.bexley.gov.uk/service/edu...rohibited.html

As far as I understand, work permits are applied for by the employer, not the employee so I'm a bit confused.

Here's another local government site with some useful information:

http://www.wakefield.gov.uk/Educatio...rk/Default.htm
    [html:1693a0e9ef]
    Other Legal teen Information
    [/html:1693a0e9ef]

hi i am a 15 year old hard working lad who is after any work so that i am able to fund my mum and dad towards a motorbike that i so desperately desire for christmas i am willing to do any type of work and i live in the stoke-on-trent area hanley could you please help me

thank you

Senior Member Expert
    Hi Brett,
    I live in Crewe so not too far from you. I've just mentioned on another thread about all the seasonal jobs available now. You're 15 so quite capable of doing a full weekend of hard graft! Think of all those places that are going to be extra busy over the coming season. Have a walk around Festival Park and the stores up there. Even the bowling alley and cinema. Argos are taking on thousands of temporary staff. What about Trentham Park? There may be some seasonal jobs going down there. Hotels will be looking for temporary staff as well and S o T has plenty of them (although I can't understand why as it always rains whenever I go there!). Britannia Stadium? Their function suites will be booked solid now so I'd imagine there may be the odd bit of temporary work there.

Job hunting tips - go smart. No trainers, tuck your shirt in and take your hands out of your pockets! Ask to speak to the recruitment supervisor or "whoever is responsible for hiring staff"; don't just stick your head around the door and ask "Any jobs?". Sound purposeful and interested. If possible, go to the first few on your own or with a parent - definitely not your mates. I know it sounds a bit girly to go with a parent but oddly enough, if you can sound confident speaking to a stranger knowing your mum or dad's watching then you ought to be able to handle a retail sitiuation.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Richard

To be quite frank:

1. Not many places will be willing to hire someone to work only on Saturdays, I'm guessing. They'll be more likely to go with someone who can work on Saturday AND other days of the week.

2. You'll do a lot better just going to stores and businesses in your area and asking if they're hiring than you will posting on the internet where you'll get no response at best and possibly some scary ones at worst. No one else can post here and tell you where to look; that's footwork you'll have to do yourself.

3. If English is your first/only language, please make that apparent. It's "please," "with," "to," "you," etc., not "plz," "wiv," "2," and "u." If you want to be treated like an adult and have a job, you need to learn to speak/write like an adult. That may sound harsh, but it's the truth. No one's going to give you a job if they think you haven't even got the brains to master the language you've spoken your entire life. Most of the people I know for whom English is a second or even third language do far better than that.

Senior Member Expert
    katja has highlighted a possible cultural difference between the US and the UK. Saturday jobs for teenagers are quite common in the UK and have been for many years. UK school hours are usually 9 - 3.30 (mine were 9 - 3.50) which leaves little time for evening jobs. There is an increasing amount of legislation, both national and local, regarding the kind of work those of school age are allowed to do and the major employers are willing to embrace this. More than anything, it stops children being used as cheap labour.

I do agree that the standards of written English are lamentable. Texting and the pernicious influence of American Gangsta Rap in this country have a lot to answer for. 12 year olds walking around country towns trying to sound like a foul-mouthed pimp is disgusting, especially when the closest they've got to being involved in a drive-by is being splashed with mud from by tractor. However, we can't disenfranchise a whole generation just because they can't write properly. It's up to the older generations to put pressure on government to develop and enforce a sensible education policy and to foster the same culture of respect for the educators that my generation grew up with.

The U.S. has school days that generally go until 2:30...as well as definite laws on when minors can work...but as far as I know, all of my friends in high school who worked (myself included) went in after school and in the evenings as well as weekends. I went to work right after school and stayed until 7 or 8 in the evening.

As far as language...I refuse to blame the teachers. Anyone who teaches their students to write "juSt lYk DiS" would be fired so quickly their head would spin. Kids are *taught* proper spelling and grammar...they just *choose* not to use it.

Senior Member Expert
    Here in the U.S., younger citizens (13-15) can find work in a few areas rather easily without any need for permits or even payment of taxes unless they make a sizable amount of money.

Mowing lawns
    Child Care (there are many places to receive training, too)
    Cleaning homes
    Creating and selling something they make (candles, cards)
    Tutoring younger children
    Walking dogs

Get creative and think of something you enjoy doing and ask an adult how you could turn it into a possible business. You may be future business owners.

~Carla Vaughan
    http://www.best-interview-strategies.com

jobs

hi my names katty and im nearly 16 i'm stuck looking for a saturday jod i live in catford se6 1ur can you help me please

Terri

jobs!

hi, im 15 & me and my twin sister are DESPERATE! we need jobs, we live in birmingham in the UK, clothes shops wont employ us because we dont have our national insurance numbers yet & neither will any supermarkets!iv tried @ my local cafe and they sed they have enough help! we both need saturday jobs, plz does any1 know where we could get one?

teen jobs

Hi terri, have a look at our teen section : [html:0782b5d65e]Teen Jobs[/html:0782b5d65e]

16. This ad will disappear if you login