View Poll Results: How do you judge a potential employer ?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brand Loyalty

0 0%
  • Quality of products

2 50.00%
  • Level of customer service we received

0 0%
  • Press releases and reports

0 0%
  • Pay and Benefits Package

1 25.00%
  • Other advantages such as closer to home

1 25.00%
  • Purely on gut feeling

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Expert

Choosing an employer

When some of us have the luxury of choosing an employer what do we base our decision on ?

We have already some kind of sub conscious brand loyalty about all kinds of products cars, shaving cream. Would you judge an employer by it's products the industry the employer operates or simply on the job package?

Apple has been attracting top students after the launch of the Ipod, and I am sure that company with successful marketing campaigns find it easier to attract top talent.

How do you judge a potential employer?

Maybe I'm shallow but it's pay and benefits all the way for me. After all, no matter how good an iPod may be (although I've heard it isn't too reliable), the mortgage still has to be paid!

Jenny

Senior Member Expert
    I can't say it's any one thing above another. If the pay was good in one but the other was nearer and more convenient with cheaper commuting, I might choose that one. Sometimes it's just a gut feeling or instinct. Need a bigger poll!

Job Choices

Here's what I tell my clients.

Be the architect of your life and not the victim of your career.

You spend the major part of your day getting ready for work, driving to work, working and then coming home and unwinding. You better love waht you do !!

Resume Coach Deb
    Helping you take command of your career and become the architect of your life.

Deborah James, CCMC, CPRW
    Leading Edge Resumes & Career Services
    www.leadingedgeresumes.com

Job Choices

You spend the major part of your day getting ready for work, driving to work, working and then coming home and unwinding. You better love what you do !!

Resume Coach Deb

Job Choices

You spend the major part of your day getting ready for work, driving to work, working and then coming home and unwinding. You better love what you do !!

Resume Coach Deb

Re: Job Choices

Quote Originally Posted by ResumeCoachDeb

It was so good she said it three times

LOL

Seriously, I do see what you mean. But still it's the pay that's the number one priority for me. Well, I mean, if somebody offered me a job working in a sewer for 100,000 a year and another offered me a job working in a cushy office doing some really easy job for 50,000 a year, I'd take the second job, but in general, if I have to choose between two employers, it's the money that's going to be the big decider. Like I said, the bills don't pay thereselves and no matter how much you love your job, life can be pretty dismal if you get chucked out of your house because you can't pay the mortgage!

Jenny

8. This ad will disappear if you login