HOW TO FIND A JOB IN SINGAPORE
It is a great investment to get tips on how to find a job, especially senior job, in Singapore from a professional who has vast skills in the recruitment process in the country. Getting a decent job in Singapore can be a challenging task especially for foreigners with inadequate information about job searches. Here are tips that should help you get prepared and informed about jobs in Singapore before heading out:
1. Attend career fairs. The first tip on how to find a job in Singapore is to attend a variety of career fairs organized around the country. You get enormous benefits from visiting career fairs since you are able to find many companies offering a job in Singapore which negates the need for making many applications to different companies.
2. Consular sections for employment and bi-national chambers of commerce:
In order to find employment in a foreign company, contact the chamber of commerce of your home country (and others!) established in Singapore. You will find there directories of foreign companies, joblistings, and useful tips and advice about the labor market in Singapore. Embassies and consulates often provide consular sections for employment. Do not hesitate to contact them!
American chamber of commerce in Singapore: http://www.amcham.org.sg/
British chamber of commerce in Singapore: http://www.britcham.org.sg/
French Chamber of Commerce in Singapore: http://www.fccsingapore.com/
3. Visit online employment sites. Visit various web sites which post information about various jobs in Singapore with the necessary requirements for these jobs (if you only want the senior job, you could visit http://www.springstaffing.asia which specializes in high level jobs in Singapore). You can also visit the web sites if you have specific companies in mind which you would like to get a job in Singapore with and get information about any vacant positions that may be available which best suits you.
4. Register with various employment forums. This tip on how to find a job in Singapore requires you to visit various web sites, such as www.singaporejobsonline.com, and blogs where you get to interact with other job seekers and providers. This gives you a chance to post your resume and which a prospective employer may see and offer you a job in Singapore.
5. Network with friends and colleagues. In order to land on a job in Singapore, you also need to network with people who will provide you with information regarding different jobs that are available. You should get references from your relatives and friends on a job in Singapore including the salary and the type of job offered.
6. Visit recruitment offices in Singapore. It is very important to visit various recruitment offices in the country where you will get information about the various jobs available and also get a chance of posting your credentials. The recruitment offices have vast information about the different companies offering jobs in the country. Some of the recruitment offices expect you to pay a certain fee when you get a job in Singapore while others are paid by the company offering the job.