Just signed up, and would love to get some advice on my career. I went to school for Computer Science and have a Bachelors degree. I currently work as a web developer, but I'm starting to get bored . I'm getting bored because there is nothing to do, no project to tackle, no nothing. Just the same old, day in, day out, week after week. I need activity to feel alive
I love the field that I chose. And as I reflect on my personality and my likes/dislikes for a job, here is what I came up with:
1. I love coming up with crazy ideas and solutions for incredibly annoying problems. The more practical the problem, the better. If it's not practical, chances are I will get bored very quickly.
2. I love planning projects and laying out the groundwork for their success. I can 'see' the roadmap for a project, and determine what needs to be done.
3. I'm a lot more social than a lot of my peers. I love to talk with people and get to know them!
1. When the framework for a project has been created, and it's time for implementation, I get bored very quickly. I like to make a quick and dirty proof of concept and have others deal with the details.
2. Sitting 9-5 in a seat irritates me if there is nothing to do. If there's plenty to do, I'm happy to put in the hours or work with people to get things done.
3. Bureaucracy is the number one reason I leave jobs. I have had managers that want things done 'their way'. If their way was a good way that I liked, no problem. But if their way sucked, and they were not amicable to changing it, I would generally get irritated. As a side note to this, I'm not saying that it's 'my way or the high way', but I like some dialog and input into how decisions are made.
So given this little information, in your personal opinion, what would be a good career fit for me in the technology sector?
Of course, if you require more info, feel free to ask.
Thank you, I really appreciate any and all advice