+ Reply to Thread

Thread: War at Work

Question War at Work

I am in a terrible situation. I currently have a temporary job and the environment is deplorable. I am married with one child and pregnant with the other. I really want to leave but I need the money to survive for the next 8 weeks until my contract is scheduled to be up. I don't dislike the job, but I have a horrible supervisor that does not care about us as employees. My husband says that I need to think about this more and that I may be emotionally invested in my job (which I will admit because it is dealing with children) and that I should just get over it. My perspective is that I see a lot of injustice going on at the job and a lot of things being done illegally by my supervisor. I actually reported these issues but saw no real change in the situation. It has actually gotten worse. It is depressing me because it is affecting all I do at home and work, as I can't really sleep or eat properly. What should I do?

Administrator Expert
    Hi there,

You need to prioritize your concerns. From my standpoint, "need the money" is the most important one.

Of course, you don't want to perpetuate illegal activities or have a negative workplace situation affect your well-being.

Survival is #1, so if you need the money to survive, do the 8 weeks and look for a new job at the same time. The 8 weeks will feel better if you know change is coming.

Good luck!

Junior Member New User
    Apply for E.I. if you live in Canada.
    But you'd have to make sure you're qualified as E.I. is usually for people who got laid off.
    Sam Park
    At times, you may feel your life sucks.
    But there are millions who wish to live your life.

4. This ad will disappear if you login