+ Reply to Thread

Which career to choose :(

Hello, I've just got admission in a good university and now I've got the choice to decide between Telecommunication engineering and Computer system engineering. And please don't say anything about interest :P because I know about nothing about these both. So I'm just asking if there is any scope of these fields in Pakistan or not please reply thanks.

Hi aniskazi, we don't have specific experience with the Pakistani job market. You may want to ask your question in a Pakistani-specific forum or website. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by CleeIB View Post
    Hi aniskazi, we don't have specific experience with the Pakistani job market. You may want to ask your question in a Pakistani-specific forum or website. Good luck!
    Thanks for the reply. And what if I ask you about the scope of these fields in abroad?

Hi aniskazi - Just so I understand clearly, are you asking about how employable these fields are upon graduation? You might find this article useful:

http://www.jobgettingtips.com/intere...rends-of-2012/

If not - please clarify and I will do for you what I can.

Why don't you just do the one which interests you the most?
    Alternatively, go for the one with the most demand and/or the most money

I think Techno^3 makes a valid point... weigh all the factors. Your interest, your aptitude, earning potential, demand, etc.

if you are good in programming field then you must opt for the computer science field, otherwise go for telecom engineering. Now-a-days these courses are highly in demand in most of the country...

Ya i agree with techno, you should go with what interest you and not with the field which makes more money or in great demand. If the work you are doing interest you it is surely going to get you great money.

Junior Member New User
    Both are growth fields and will continue to grow. As above sit down and list the positives and negatives for each field, then go back to the list a day later and review how you feel. From experience you will more likely succeed in the role which interests you the most and progress up the ladder quicker hence initial starting salary should not be the main focus.

Regards

james@alpha
    http://www.alphacvservices.co.uk/

Junior Member Junior Member
    Though I haven't any idea about pakistani job market,to choose one from this i think this link may help you.There are a lots of job description over here.

http://careerstair.com

See the question of this is to be get decided from the student only because ultimately they have to do what they want to do so taking right decisions and choosing the path that totally suits him is very important,in which he/she has a kind of keen interest.

12. This ad will disappear if you login