Before sending the acceptance letter, you need to decide if you are going to accept or reject the job offer.
Make Sure You
- Know the length of the notice period from your current job.
- Understand in which job category you will start.
- Have an idea of the organisational structure.
- Are aware or have agreed on benefits, performance reviews, moving expenses.
- Respond as soon as possible.
- Acknowledge the employment offer.
- Express your gratitude.
If you are sure
- Inform your employer that you have accepted their offer.
- Inform your employer of the notice period of your current job.
- Let the employer know when you are able to start work.
If you are unsure and you need more time
- Notify the employer when you will be able to take the decision.
In all cases make sure you follow the Guide on writing Job related Correspondence which gives a lot of specific tips on writing different type s of Cover Letters.