Email Cover Letter with Resume Attached
Subject Line: Store Manager Position
Dear Human Resource Manager,
I saw your job posting for the store manager position at ABC Store. My qualifications allow me to bring to ABC Store the following strengths:
- An increase in sales of 15 per cent at XYZ Store where I have been employed for five years.
- Winning end-of-aisle displays that netted me the company's award for three years in a row.
- Hiring skills that netted the store loyal, well-trained, and enthusiastic workers.
- Accurate and documented inventory reports on time.
The employees who have worked for me can attest to my people skills. I genuinely enjoy my co-workers and make the work environment as interesting and enjoyable as possible. By looking out for the employees, the employees have always repaid the favor by taking good care of XYZ's customers.
I have attached my resume below which provides additional information about my skills and experience.
Thank you so much for your consideration.
Resume of Susan Smith
City, State, Zip Code
XYZ Store - 2002 to present
- Oversee children's department
Work with buyers to select and order product
Schedule staff, oversee payroll, oversee inventory
Introduced new equipment at registers
Created special displays using good merchandising technique
Jill's Boutique ? 1998 to 2002
- Assisted customers with purchases
Coordinated trunk shows and attended meetings for new lines
Coordinated customer?s special purchases with seamstresses and fittings
Oversaw special shows for private clients
Joe's Deli - 1996-1998
- Made up gift baskets for customers
Maintained inventory in specialty food department
Processed payroll information for accounting clerk
Dominican College, Norfolk, Virginia
Microsoft Office Package, PhotoShop, Front Page and Social Media Experience