Scholarship cover letter
Scholarship cover letters have become extremely important. Example Scholarship Cover Letters are shown on almost every college or university website. An example version of a Scholarship Cover Letter is seen below; followed by the reasons that certain parts are where and why they are in the letter.Alice Parry
23 Wood Street
Pittston, PA. 18640
November 02, 2008Prentice Hall
ABC Scholarship Foundation
235 8th Avenue
New York, NY 29439
Dear Mr. Hall,
This semester I will be completing my junior year at The University of Miami in Miami, Florida with an expected degree in Biology with a concentration in Veterinary Sciences. Through searching Google I discovered ABC Scholarship Foundation, with a closer review of your organization, as well as the scholarship requirements, I am very excited to send my application, resume, transcript, references and personal statement to you for consideration for the Achievement in Science Scholarship.
The Achievement in Science Scholarship is a great match to my interests and personal background in Veterinary work. I go into more detail in my personal statement, however, I see this as an excellent opportunity to enrich my education, as well as my personal experience, through work with farms and country veterinarians. .
I greatly welcome the opportunity for a personal interview with you. I shall call your office next week confirming my materials were received and to see about any additional information needed. You can reach me via phone (555)555-5555 or email at email@example.com. .
Alice G. Parry
Alice G. Parry
The above example of a scholarship letter is set up with the following guides:
- Placing the recipient at top by name shows you have done research into the scholarship
- The first paragraph should state your current situation (high school or college) and how you found the scholarship. This shows that you chose this scholarship over others in research.
- Show your enthusiasm about sending material to the specific scholarship, include the name of the scholarship. This shows eagerness and appreciation.
- In paragraph two, express how the scholarship and your personal goals match. Explain how this is an excellent opportunity for you and why; sell yourself in this paragraph.
- In the last paragraph, express a forward looking statement about the interview; this reads as if you know you are a perfect fit.
- Let the committee person know that you will make the effort to check the progress of the application; and make sure you leave contact information.
The example of a scholarship cover letter above will give you a basic idea. Tips to include with this follow.
- Pay attention to the APPLICATION DEADLINE; mail early if needed to ensure it arrives in time.
- Pay attention to the DIRECTIONS of the application; follow them in the letter.
- If allowed, include extras; an essay why this scholarship is a good match, education and career goals, college acceptance letters.
- If extras are not allowed, DO NOT send any.
- Include letters of recommendations (personalized if possible).
- PROOF READ EVERYTHING BEFORE SENDING