Female interview clothes tips
Selecting the appropriate attire for an interview forms part of your preparation to ace the interview. Make use of the following general tips for female interview clothes to get you started. The interviewer will also assess your ability to dress accordingly and in making a good impression through clothes. That being said, there is no reason to break the bank when you purchase female interview clothes. A general rule of conservative and neat, rather than sexy and flashy should apply.
- If you decide on a suit, go for one that compliments your face and hair color. The attention should be on your face. Darker colors such as black, charcoal, navy and grey are appropriate.
- Your skirt should be knee-length and not draw attention to your legs.
- The skirt should fit comfortable.
- If you select a pant suit, make sure that the jacket covers your buttocks.
- The blouse should not shout. Avoid frills, flowers and large effects.
- The blouse should cover your shoulders and the hemline should not be prominent.
- White blouses are almost always appropriate.
- The arms should be covered at least to the biceps.
- Never go to an interview without wearing panty hose. It makes the clothing more formal.
- Select a skirted suit or pant suit that draws the eye to your face. The suit should be dark blue, gray or charcoal.
- The panty hose should be charcoal, or skin color. Avoid bright or other colors.
- Shoes should be closed and neat. Avoid open tip shoes or any shoe that shows the ankle.
- High heels are appropriate.
- If you carry a briefcase, leave the handbag at home or in the car.
- The briefcase should not draw attention and should compliment your attire.
- General rule for accessories ? no loud bangles and large earrings. Avoid thick chains.
- If you wear a scarf, select one that doesn't draw attention to itself.
- Body piercing other than a single ear ring hole in each ear should be avoided.
- When you wear make up it should look natural ? no red lipsticks and bright eye shadows.
- Wear natural color nail polish.
- If you have long hair, and it still looks neat when not taken up, you can wear it like that.
- Avoid fashion statements through your hair.
- Only wear a light perfume. If in doubt, go without.
By following the above guidelines when selecting female interview clothes, you are already one step ahead of competitors trying to make a fashion statement.