Job Interview Preparation
Tips on how to prepare yourself with information and skills prior to a job interview.
- Allocate time to for the job interview preparation.
- Make a list of the basic things you would like to know.
Where and how to do your job interview preparation:
- Public Library
- Local Bookstore
- Access Books
- Reference Materials
Tip: A lot of investor packs contain a lot of information for job seekers. Such information is excellent for preparing for job interviews.
Competitor's websites are also a good source of information for your job preparation. Try the following related search "related:[Web site Address]" in Google to see other related sites that might be competing with your interviewer.BizJournals.com is also a good tool in your job interview preparation.
Your network of contacts is an extremely useful resource to tap during your job interview preparation
- Alumni network
- Family members
- Workers Unions
Websites for major business publications:
- The Wall St. Journal
- Investors Business Daily
Your research for the job interview preparation should give you a better insight on
- The Job Description.
- What business the organisation is in.
- Hiring process procedures.
- Early experiences on the job.
- Corporate culture
- General Organisational Structure.
- Career paths.
- What to wear for a job interview.
- General knowledge about current state of industry.
- Protocols before and after the interview.
- The location of the interview.
- Size of organisation
- Number of employees
- How long has the company being operating
- Are there any subsidiary companies involved in this company.
- Who are the major competitors of this company
- Who is the direct supervisor
- Information on your direct supervisor