What to do if you are unemployed in Indiana

If you should find yourself being one of the unfortunate many that find themselves victimized by unemployment in the state of Indiana you may very well be able to collect unemployment insurance until you are able to locate a new job. For displaced workers to be able to receive unemployment benefits in Indiana they need to file a claim online. If the Internet is not accessible to workers they can also file online from their nearest WorkOne center.

To claim your IN unemployment benefits do the following:Go to https://cs3.dwd.state.in.us/regw/default.asp to file your unemployment claim or reopen a previous case. You will want to do this as soon as you loose your job. You will need to report the dates that you worked for your last employer as well as their name, phone number and mailing address. Personal information needed to file an unemployment case in Indiana include your social security number as well as home phone number and address.

If you have any questions about filing for unemployment insurance in Indiana you can either call the helpline at 1-800-437-9136 or you can get assistance at your nearest WorkOne Center. Indiana's WorkOne Centers also offer workers plenty of support and assistance in locating new employment opportunties.