Drywall Installer Sample Resume
1234 Post Oak Drive
Tampa, FL 64000
Email: Geoffrey Rush@frontfocus.com
Seeking to obtain a challenging position as a Drywall Installer in a professional environment in which I am allowed to use my 10 years of experience in the construction field to benefit the company and its clients.
- Extensive knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
- Wide knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Strong abilities to install equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Able to perform various physical activities which require considerable use of arms and legs and moving the whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Able to work in a team as well as on my own.
- Strong communication skills.
High School Diploma, General
Alonso High School, Tampa, FL (May 1999)
Drywall Installer, Foreman's Constructions
Tampa, FL (June 2005 - Present)
- Applying plasterboard or other wallboard to ceilings and interior walls of buildings
- Trimming rough edges from wallboard to maintain even joints, using knife
- Fitting and fastening wallboard or sheetrock into specified position, using hand tools, portable power tools, or adhesive
- Measuring and marking cutting lines on framing, drywall, and trim, using tape measure, straightedge or square, and marking devices
- Installing blanket insulation between studs and tacking plastic moisture barrier over insulation
- Removing plaster, drywall, or paneling, using crowbar and hammer
- Assembling and installing metal framing and decorative trim for windows, doorways, and vents
Tampa, FL (May 1999 - May 2005)
- Reading blueprints and other specifications to determine method of installation, work procedures, and material and tool requirements.
- Laying out reference lines and points, computing position of framing and furring channels, and marking position, using chalk line.
- Suspending angle iron grid and channel iron from ceiling, using wire.
- Installing horizontal and vertical metal or wooden studs for attachment of wallboard on interior walls, using hand tools.
- Cutting metal or wood framing, angle and channel iron, and trim to size, using cutting tools. Cutting openings into board for electrical outlets, windows, vents, or fixtures, using keyhole saw or other cutting tools.
- Installing cabinets, siding, drywall and batting or rolling insulation.
- Building doors or brattices (ventilation walls or partitions) in underground passageways to control the proper circulation of air through the passageways and to the working places.
References: Available upon Request