If you're thinking about an international job, you may need to reformat your resume.
Each country has different etiquette with regards to applying for a particular job. In some countries your resume wouldn't need to be accompanied by a cover letter cover letter or a photo,while in other countries it would. It is important that you have a general idea about this, because if you do not follow the norm it can be very disadvantageous.
Some General Tips when Writing your Resume for the International Market
- Generally you would need to include more personal details such as citizenship, your date and place of birth and marital status.
- Use real/actual rather than active verbs.
- Use good language skills and good prose (avoid repetition).
- Use a qualified translator.
- Use at least a two check system where a translators work is proof read as well.
- Remember that some languages, such as French and Spanish, have different variations within the language. Be sure your resume is written in the intended variant.
Discuss international job opportunities