- Employer & University Names. - Use the official University and Employer Name.
- Websites - Listing inappropriate URL's such as your personal website.
- Fonts - Using small fonts to save space.
- Lying on your resume - Careful the risks are too high.
- Sending your graduate resume - After some years of job experience your resume has to be re-written.
- No cover letter - Not sending a cover letter with your resume.
- Non-professional email address - Your student email address does not give that professional image required when applying for a job.
- Resume Keywords - Not including keywords in your resume.
- Not proof-reading your resume - Always proof read your resume before sending.
- Industry jargon - Do not assume that whoever reads your resume will know all the industry jargon.
- Resume Format Use the right format depending on the situation
- HTML formatted resume
- ASCII Text resume
- Email formatted resume
- Chronological - FunctionalChoose wisely between a Chronological resume and Functional Resume
- Personal Information - Keep it limited to the contact details and name
Related Articles : [pdf] Top 10 Resume mistakes
12 Common Mistakes in Resume Writing