Sample Financial Planner Resume
A well-crafted financial planner resume is an essential tool for securing a high-paying job. A financial planner assists people in solving their financial issues by offering them tailored financial plans. Consequently a financial planner resume should showcase your ability to excel at this task. Cash flow management, investment planning, insurance planning, risk management, education planning and retirement planning are some of the other skills a financial planner resume should highlight.
The sample financial planner resume below will help you in achieving the desired results with your own experience and background.
Sample Financial Planner Resume
35 Harrison Road, Los Angeles, California 10080
Home phone: 000-123-1234, Cell phone: 123-123-2345
Career Goal: To work in an achievement-driven environment for the mutual development of the organization and myself.
Career Summary: Worked as a certified financial planner with 14 years of experience with multinational financial institutions.
Summary of Skills:
- Solid experience in the legal restrictions, laws of retirement plans, internal and external policies, tax shelters and trust.
- High proficiency in arithmetic and budget preparation.
- Proficiency in understanding complex financial and legal documents.
- Good oral and written communication skills to build up the clientele. Immense ability to articulate and persuade.
- Ability to multitask and organize.
- Good negotiation and presentation skills.
SBB Financial Services, Dallas, TX (2003–Ending Date)
Designation: Financial Planner
- Devise strategies for the development of the business by attracting new clients.
- Execute the business strategies and acquire new clients.
- Understand the current financial scenario of the clients and analyze their cash flow, insurance coverage, tax status and retirement plan.
- Using tax and investment strategies, develop financial plans for businesses, organizations or individuals.
- Present tailored financial plans for solving clients' financial crises or assist them in understanding and implementing a proposed solution.
- Suggest investment plans to educate clients about various options.
- Assist the clients in creating, implementing and reviewing their long-term goals.
BBBB & Associates, Irving, TX (1997–2003)
Designation: Financial Advisor
- Interview clients carefully to analyze their financial goals and design financial plans to suit their interests and needs.
- Liaison with product suppliers to negotiate rates and to cover up maximum number of clients.
- Clarify the customer’s concerns for upheavals in the economic situation.
- Work toward attaining a personalized and specialized service to each and every client.
Harpy’s Financial Man, Dallas, TX (1995 – 1997)
Designation: Financial Services Trainee
- Work with old and new clients to build financial portfolios for them after analyzing their investment goals, time horizons, personal commitments and risk tolerance.
- Educate clients on different investment options available in the market.
- Discuss the pros and cons of the financial plans of their interest.
- Network with people in order to bring in more business for Harpy’s Financial Man.
- Work toward attaining client satisfaction by giving them excellent service.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, University of Auburn (1996)
- Certification in Financial Planning (2003)