Sample Nurse Practitioner Resume
A skillfully written nurse practitioner resume plays a significant role in securing you the best-paid nurse practitioner jobs. A registered nurse can become a nurse practitioner only after completing a master’s or doctoral degree program. The American Nurses Credentialing Center certifies and issues licenses to registered nurses to practice in specific areas. Their certifications include the following: Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatry & Mental Health Practitioner, Acute Care Nurse Practitioner and Family Nurse Practitioner, among others.
But the certification alone isn't enough to earn you the job. Your nurse practitioner resume must highlight all your qualifications and work-related experiences that match up with the requirements of your prospective employer. The sample below may provide a template you can use to format your qualifications and background.
Sample Nurse Practitioner Resume
35 Hughson Avenue, Denver, Colorado 10080
Home: 000-123-1234, Cell: 000-123-2345
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: www.myworld_kryzz.com
- Gained more than 12 years of professional work experience in the nursing field.
- Assisted physicians in medication review and follow-ups.
- Conducted physical examinations, diagnosed and prescribed treatments.
- Attended to a wide range of patients and answered their queries and concerns satisfactorily.
- Introduced hydrotherapy as an alternative treatment method.
- Developed excellent communication skills and patient-handling skills.
- Exercised leadership qualities to manage a team of co-workers.
Stanley Memorial Hospital, Colorado (2005–Ending Date)
Designation: Pediatric Ward–Special Duty Nurse
- Attending premature deliveries and providing appropriate medical help and life-saving treatments.
- Admitting children in the ward after surgeries.
- Providing postoperative treatment and care to pediatric patients in the ward.
- Following the treatment plan for pediatric patients.
- Providing nursing care for neonatal babies in incubators.
- Coordinating with pediatric specialists during emergencies after providing life-saving procedures.
- Starting vasoactive drips.
Dr. Jessica Deliver’s Clinic (2002–2005)
Designation: Family Nurse Practitioner
- Educating and counseling patients about medical procedures and home care for speedier recovery.
- Educating the patients about the physical therapies and treatment.
- Handling chronic and acute cases.
- Diagnosing ailments and designing treatment plans.
- Educating family members of patients on how to maintain sterile environments.
- Counseling patients, especially children, to adopt healthy eating habits and prevent ailments like diabetes or obesity.
Chaste Multispecialty Hospital
Designation: Staff Nurse
- Examining patients, then suggesting best diagnosis and treatment options to attending physicians.
- Attending inpatients and following the treatment plans as prescribed by the physicians.
- Maintaining a database of patients in the information management system according to hospital rules.
- Supervising trainee nurses and night staff.
- Dressing up the patients for IV and determining their vital signs.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Colorado University
- Master of Science in Nursing, Mesa College, Colorado.
- Family Nurse Practitioner, Beth El College of Nursing, Colorado
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Certificate, Beth El College of Nursing, Colorado