Sample Tax Accountant Resume
A Tax Accountant (TA) is an accounting professional who prepares the account statements for the purpose of filing tax returns. Their service is vital to the management of all kinds of businesses and government agencies. Some people have chosen to handle their taxes online using accounting software by different companies, but accountants are still needed for taxes for businesses. A sample resume of the Tax Accountant is given right below:
3585 West Street, Boston, MA. 38595
Home: 589-123-1234; Cell: 598-123-2345
Email: add email here
Career Goal: To become a successful and respected tax Accountant.
Career Summary: An accomplished and successful career in the field of financial accounting for a respected financial service organization in Massachusetts that began in Washington State.
Summary of Skills:
- Proficiency in the preparation of individual tax returns with all provisions for pension plans, tax deductions and so forth.
- Vast experience of the global business environment at a macro level.
- Ability to critically review and research tax issues to resolve them practically.
- More than 9 amazing years of experience in the accountancy and taxing industry.
- Excellent administrative, organizational and communication skills.
- Thoroughly adept in preparing corporate taxes and the specifics of a 401k plan.
- Full understanding regarding the computer applications pertaining to taxation.
P& B Distributors, Seattle, WA. (2006 - Present)
Designation: Accounting/Tax Manager
- Management of all tasks in relation with the local, state and federal income tax, excise duty, property and transaction taxes.
- Preparation of all tax accruals and reconciliation of tax return balance sheets.
- Analyzing the payroll tax returns of all employees and making the necessary changes.
- Study the tax effects on the transactions of P&B and offer that department advice in the investment and diversification plans or establishment of subsidiaries.
- Facilitating the implementation of tax law changes in the policies and procedures of the P&B.
- Assisting Human Resources in the allocation of the additional perks and benefits of the employees.
- Evaluation of the financial position and status of the company and to attend audit meetings.
Fidelity Estates, Seattle, WA. (2004– 2006)
Designation: Tax Accountant
- Organized the tax related functions as a separate entity and delegated all research and analysis work to tax functions to organize this entity.
- Enhanced the company’s benefits package to insure everyone has a satisfying benefits package.
- Trained the junior tax preparers on the new computer software and increased the efficiency by our department by 18%.
Tax Accountant, Seattle, WA. (2001-2004)
Designation: Trainee /Tax Accountant
- Preparation of the individual, partnership and corporate income tax returns.
- Engaged the financial projections, interstate taxation and business valuations with the assistance from the Senior Tax Accountant.
- Participated in the completion of the tax returns with a specialization in pension plans, nonprofit organizations, farms and multi-state corporations.
- Masters in Business/Accounting; University of Washington, 2002
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Gonzaga University in 1998
Word Perfect, Lotus, Excel, ProComm Plus, Ami Pro, Spreadsheet Auditor, and Flowcharting III.
- Tax Executive Institute (1998)
- National Tax Accountants Network (2001)